Christ Church Children & Youth Ministry follows Jesus’ call to...
Gather as a community of acceptance and support.
Transform ourselves by exploring our faith.
Engage in loving and serving others with compassion.
2nd - 5th Sundays of the month at 10 am
We have four classrooms for Children: Preschool, Kindergarten & 1st Grade, 2nd & 3rd Grades, and 4th & 5th Grades. Each group will have its own dedicated classroom on the second floor of the Education Building. Be sure to introduce yourself to the Sunday School volunteers, each age group has three dedicated teachers to help your child learn about the love of God. Your child will join you in church during the presentation of the offering.
EVERY Sunday from 10 am - 12 pm.
When you drop off your little one please be sure to check in with Thelma, Emi, and Taghreed our nursery care providers. They need to know if you would like to have your child join you for communion and any other special needs. We will provide a snack and change diapers. Make sure your child's diaper is clean and dry upon arrival. Following the service, childcare will move to the playground.
Faith Full Families
3rd Sundays from 5 – 6 pm in the Parish Hall
A gathering for families with children in elementary and preschool. With Faith Full Families we build common identity through fellowship, fun, and faith formation. Each gathering includes a potluck dinner, games, crafts, and prayer. Come grow closer with your family and our community.
Children in Worship
On the first Sunday of the month all ages participate in the full service and there is no Sunday School. Kids are more than welcome to participate in the entire service every week. Here are ideas for worshipping together:
- Pick up a Worship Bag as you enter to take with you to the pew. Ask a greeter to help you find one. These bags have crayons and kid bulletins filled with activities to keep kids engaged and interacting during worship.
- The back carpet area is for crawlers and restless ones. Use this soft space as needed, please supervise your little ones.
- Feel free to enter and exit the sanctuary as needed. The service sound is played through a speaker in the narthex (entryway) so that you won't miss a beat.
- If you would find it helpful, bring a small toy and snack with you into worship.
- Sit where you feel comfortable. Kids often find it more interesting when they can see what's going on. Try mixing it up and sit somewhere new!
- Kids are invited to contribute to the service by becoming an acolyte, reader, usher, and more.
Support Our Ministry
- Volunteer with Sunday School
- Provide Snack for Sunday School
- Join the Children and Youth ministry team
- Host Faith Full Families
- Pray for the children and families of our church
- Help clean and organizing program supplies and spaces
- Facilitating parents/play date groups
At Christ Church your child's safety is of highest import. All clergy, staff, and volunteers have participated in the training program Called to Right Relationship, which sets standards of behavior pertaining to the physical and emotional safety of children and youth.